Re: lynx-dev LYNX: "\"-html-screen truncates

From: Philip Webb
Subject: Re: lynx-dev LYNX: "\"-html-screen truncates
Date: Sat, 1 Aug 1998 03:05:14 -0400 (EDT)

980801 Michael Warner replied to DC:
> Have you tried the "-preparsed" command line option?

yes, indeed, it does seem to work, tho' not perfectly.

> I'm not sure exactly what it's *technically* intended to do ...

it seems to be another device which has become orphaned:
Lynx 2-8  -help  says:

  -preparsed  = show parsed text/html with  -source  & in source view ;

Lynx 2-8 Users Guide says:

  -preparsed  = show source preparsed & reformatted
                when used with  -source  or in source view `\' .

what does `preparsed & reformatted' mean?  do these descriptions match?
does anyone own up to authorship of this (useful) bit of Lynx?