Re: lynx-dev 2.8.1dev.19.patch.gz

From: Bela Lubkin
Subject: Re: lynx-dev 2.8.1dev.19.patch.gz
Date: Fri, 31 Jul 1998 15:46:47 -0700

> * updated experimental persistent-cookie support based on RP's patch:
> Replaced
>   the call to strsep with a home-rolled one for those people who don't have
> it.

The home-rolled strsep() isn't working for me.  break_data() gets into
an infinite loop because of:

        /*
         * First, break up on '&', sliding 'p' on down the line.
         */
        q[count].value = LYstrsep(&p, "&");

LYstrsep() doesn't actually change p if no "&" is present in the string.
It appears to be relying on strpbrk() behavior which is different from
the documented and actual behavior of OpenServer's strpbrk().  The man
page says:

  strpbrk returns a pointer to the first occurrence in string s1 of any
  character from string s2, or a null pointer if no character from s2
  exists in s1.

LYstrsep() appears to expect strpbrk() to return a pointer to the
terminating null, not a null pointer.

Actually, after playing some more with it, I'm really not sure what's
wrong.  :-(  Exactly what is LYstrsep() supposed to be doing when its
second argument isn't found -- what's it supposed to return, is it
supposed to have done anything to the pointed-to data, and is it
supposed to have done anything to its first argument?