Re: lynx-dev 2.8.1dev.19.patch.gz

From: brian j. pardy
Subject: Re: lynx-dev 2.8.1dev.19.patch.gz
Date: Fri, 31 Jul 1998 18:49:27 -0700

T.E.Dickey wrote:
> > I'm planning on sitting down and working in some of the suggestions
> > that came up in the rest of the thread, such as allowing by-domain
> > accept/prompt/ deny behavior to be set up in the config. I need to
> > read over the thread again.
> fine - will be looking forward to it.

Okay, looking through the thread, here's what I've come up with that I
plan to do:

* Rename 'eat_all_cookies' to 'accept_all_cookies'
* Get a by-domain accept/prompt/deny working, defaulting to prompt

I want to leave in the commandline flag to accept all cookies in addition
to a config-file by-domain accept/deny flag because while I like the idea
of having by-domain configuration, there are times when I would also like
to just accept everything and not worry about it.

I don't think I'll be implementing the idea of logging received cookies
with the -accept_all_cookies option, as I figure that just looking at the
cookie jar page should be enough logging within a session, and persistent
cookies should end up being all the logging one needs, anyways.

Ah, should be a fun weekend.

A thought on the newsreader deal -- what do you all think about possibly
calling an external newsreader? Perhaps for news:groupname URLs some
method for calling a newsreader could be created (maybe having lynx create
some kind of temporary .newsrc file, and allow a user-configurable
commandline to invoke the newsreader with that .newsrc?), and for article
URLs some non-posting article-display could be used. I dunno.

--
"if i lived in a country of beer and hockey, i might be patrotic." -emily
"To quote myself, 'Feh. Geek stuff.'" -Miranda