Re: lynx-dev 2.8.1dev.19.patch.gz

From: T.E.Dickey
Subject: Re: lynx-dev 2.8.1dev.19.patch.gz
Date: Fri, 31 Jul 1998 22:37:51 +2000 (EDT)

> A thought on the newsreader deal -- what do you all think about possibly
> calling an external newsreader? Perhaps for news:groupname URLs some
> method for calling a newsreader could be created (maybe having lynx create
> some kind of temporary .newsrc file, and allow a user-configurable
> commandline to invoke the newsreader with that .newsrc?), and for article
> URLs some non-posting article-display could be used. I dunno.
actually, I would expect lynx to read the .newsrc file - I hadn't paid any
attention to the nntp interface until this week, and was a little surprised
to see it read in all ~25000 newsgroups.  Also it doesn't work on my loopback
nntp server that I use for testing tin, so there's some problem that I'll
check on when I've time.

--
Thomas E. Dickey
address@hidden