lynx-dev Re: Lynx dump format

From: Joe Krahn
Subject: lynx-dev Re: Lynx dump format
Date: Fri, 31 Jul 1998 09:34:58 -0400

Al Gilman wrote:

> to follow up on what address@hidden said:
>
> > Hi.  I am interested in using a Lynx text dump to look at a set
> > of HTML manual pages in text mode.  It seems that Lynx is not designed
> > to include text formatting in the dump mode, as you would see when
> > looking at the page.  It would be nice if Lynx could dump formatted
> > text, and it should be easy to implement.  Any chance of getting
> > this feature added to Lynx??
>
> You get what I think you want either of two ways.
> From interactive use, via the first option in the P)rint menu.
> As a batch command, by applying the -dump modifier.
> Lynx -help
> gets you a list of possible command modifiers.
> These are explained (a little) in the User's Guide under H)elp.
> Al

The "lynx -dump" almost gives me what I want, but it writes generic,
plain text.  What I want is text that includes the appropriate tty
format codes to make bold, highlighted, and underlined text, as seen
when running Lynx, or as in formatted UNIX man pages.
(Thanks for replying so quickly to my previous question!!)
Thanks, Joe Krahn