Re: lynx-dev improving documentation

From: T.E.Dickey
Subject: Re: lynx-dev improving documentation
Date: Mon, 3 Aug 1998 20:48:31 -0400 (EDT)

> 980803 Al Gilman wrote:
> > If it is intended as changes to the content of a distribution,
> > it should be in a format someone actively changing the file set
> > that patch-o-matic runs from finds convenient to work with.
> > Don't say "it won't be a patch".  Ask "what are acceptable patch formats?"
>
> well, it seems to me that after enough time
> your old coat is so worn you have to go out & get a new one:
> if the patch  > 50 %  the original, it's best to submit a whole new file.
> perhaps you have greater respect for our forefathers than i have ...
but if there's other changes to the same file, it's nice to know what
the greatly-changed file used as a reference.

I recently received a ~1M email from someone, which contained a whole
distribution of a program.  The actual differences were only about 200
lines (20kb).

--
Thomas E. Dickey
address@hidden