lynx-dev Bug and a question

From: mattack
Subject: lynx-dev Bug and a question
Date: Mon, 3 Aug 1998 22:13:51 -0700 (PDT)

I hope I haven't mentioned this earlier..

Briefly -- form submit buttons don't seem to actually "push" the button if
I type the number.. it just moves the cursor there as if it were a text
field.  Is this intentional?  If so, why?

first of all, I'm using:
Lynx Version 2.8rel.2 (1998)

1) go to http://www.tmstv.com/cgi-bin/tvcgi.sjm/oldlogon
and log in (create an account if necessary)
2) After setting everything up, you'll get at a page that has text like:

   User ID: mattack Lineup: Sunnyvale TCI | [6]Change Cable System
   selection
   Go to your personal listing
   [7]Go to Grid
   Personal listings manager
   Create a new personal listing
   [8]Create new listing
   Modify your personal listings
   Select which listing to display or modify

Well, links 7 and 8 don't go through them when I type 7 or 8..  I noticed,
with the Advanced mode that I have on, that those are form submit buttons.

Completely separately.. This is what I probably mentioned before..
If there is a text field within the first page shown when going to a link,
I wish there were an option to automatically put the cursor there.

It can arguably be useful to put it in the text field inside of a page
*whenever* you scroll through a document, but I think that is less arguably
useful.  I can't put it into words well, but it seems most useful
on the *first* page of a document rather than every page you are scrolling
through..

(maybe all three options would be useful.)

1) Is this doable?
2) Is there some simple way in the Lynx code to do something like:
for (i=0;i<count_links_on_page();i++)
  if (link[i] is a text field)
    move_cursor_to_link(i);