Re: lynx-dev nuisance message

From: Philip Webb
Subject: Re: lynx-dev nuisance message
Date: Thu, 6 Aug 1998 23:30:16 -0400 (EDT)

980806 Mattack wrote:
> On Wed, 5 Aug 1998, Philip Webb wrote:
>> how many votes to drop the warning message when  ../  is encountered:
>> "Bad partial reference! Stripping lead dots" ?
> Yeah it's annoying..  But it's illegal, right?
                                 ^^^^^^^
what?! not Cohen, Clinton & all that gang in Washington Post yet again?
we feel free to ignore them up here, anyway (big grin).

i'll expand my suggestion, now i have  2  apparent supporters:
could we make ALL warning messages optional,
switched off with  SUPPRESS_WARNINGS  in  lynx.cfg  & the Options page?
it should be easy, with a bit of labor finding them all in the code.
i'll volunteer to have a go at it, if someone can get me started
(like my pending patch for the  n  bug).