Re: lynx-dev LYNX PROBLEM

From: Webmaster Jim
Subject: Re: lynx-dev LYNX PROBLEM
Date: Fri, 7 Aug 1998 09:57:20 -0400

On Wed, Aug 05, 1998 at 09:53:22PM -0400, Philip Webb wrote:
> 980805 Dave Beaner wrote:
> > I downloaded the distribution of LYNX 2-7
> the latest release is 2-8 from  www.slcc.edu/lynx/release .
> > I then extracted it to C:\Lynx where all the files fell into place.
> > I get ILLEGAL ERROR everytime I try to run it.  What am I doing wrong?
> > I'm trying to use this to surf the web, on my Windows 95 Platform!
> it's rather elementary, but you do have to compile the executable Lynx
> from the source files in the distribution package;
> read  INSTALLATION  carefully & follow the directions;
> you will need a C compiler & curses or slang (some version)
> & appropriate software to access the Internet from your PC.
> if you have any problems compiling it, ask again here.

On Win95, it's easier to use a compiled executable than to do
it yourself. A very recent version of W32 Lynx is available on
http://www.fdisk.com/doslynx/lynxport.htm. When you unzip the version
there, you'll find a sample LYNX.BAT which is the best way to launch
Lynx for W32.

------
Marvin the Paranoid Android says:
Pathetic isn't it?