Re: lynx-dev horizontal scrolling stuff

From: mattack
Subject: Re: lynx-dev horizontal scrolling stuff
Date: Fri, 7 Aug 1998 18:10:55 -0700 (PDT)

On Fri, 7 Aug 1998, Larry W. Virden wrote:

>Date: Fri, 7 Aug 1998 20:49:21 -0400
>From: "Larry W. Virden" <address@hidden>
>To: address@hidden
>Subject: Re: lynx-dev horizontal scrolling stuff
>
>From: address@hidden
>> o)  Then when Lynx "pages" the output, have a functionality similar to
>> less' horizontal scrolling..  Heck, even get the source to less to figure out
>> how they do it if necessary.
>
>Great idea.  However, I suspect you will find, as you begin to work on it,
>that it's sort of like saying "Hey, you know, the Apple IIgs Finder looks
>like the Mac Finder.  Why not just have functionality like Mac Rhapsody - heck,
>even get the source to figure out how to do it."
>
>But then, perhaps it would be easy.  I know in the past folk have mentioned
>that a move to using curses with multiple windows might be a possibility.

That's not *at all* the same.   This is all still in the text only domain, so
it's much much much more comparable.  I don't know about the "multiple windows"
part, but I believe you can make a curses "window" larger than the actual
screen, then scroll around within it.  (Sort of like the currently viewed
part of a grafport.)