Re: Lynx bug

From: Al Gilman
Subject: Re: Lynx bug
Date: Sun, 9 Aug 1998 22:07:29 -0400 (EDT)

to follow up on what address@hidden said:

> Lynx crashes every time I try to access http://www.dejanews.com
> I'm using Lynx 2.6, on an IBM 3161 terminal connected to a unix
> system running SunOs 4.1.  As soon as the go command is finished,
> Lynx exits via interrupt 11.  Thanks, and sorry to take your time
> if you already knew this.

> Sarah

Thank you Sarah.

Sounds like a known bug in SunOS.

Please forward this information to the people who installed Lynx
on the SunOS system.  They should visit

http://www.access.digex.net/~asgilman/lynx/FAQ/

and do a text search for "Webcrawler."  This will lead them
to a discussion of resolv and bind libraries which they should
take note of as they compile a more modern (2.8) Lynx for
your system.

Al