Re: lynx-dev Alert: this client does not contain support for HTTPS urls.

From: Philip Webb
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Alert: this client does not contain support for HTTPS urls.
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 1998 11:28:06 -0400 (EDT)

980811 Steven Sawczyn wrote re SSL:
> Philip Webb <address@hidden> wrote:
>>yup, it has to be compiled in: to get started,
> do you know of where I can find a w32 binary
> with this https support compiled in?

no such thing!  US law-makers in their infinite wisdom have prohibited
their citizens from exporting SSL & there are some copyright issues too,
so you have to get your own copy of SSL & add it to an SSL-enabled Lynx;
those of us who live in the Free World have to accommodate Americans,
who could get into real nasty trouble if they broke US laws.
it's not difficult to compile your own Lynx if you have shell access,
ie if you can compile programs to work from your own directories.
there's information at LHFB (my previous message) or via  lynx.browser.org/ .