Re: lynx-dev Lynx-Editor problem

From: David Woolley
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Lynx-Editor problem
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 1998 09:23:47 +0100 (BST)

> those who don't know) and I've verified that I have a vt100
> terminal.

Very unlikely to be true (speaking as someone who really has used a VT100).
What you almost certainly have is a PC pretending to be one.  Some emulations
are reasonably good (most violations in MS-DOS Kermit are policy decisions
are are intrinsic to the PC hardware), some are bad (e.g. Microsoft telnet).

>           TERM and TERMCAP variables are identified correctly

Most likely cause is that the editor wants terminfo, not termcap.

> (well, at least they're there when I type "printenv" and the
> "TERM" is right.)
> technical support at the level you are requesting.  You may find
> assistance from other users in the cnc.inet newsgroup.

Good advice.  This is to do with the way their system is set up, not a
general Lynx problem.