Re: lynx-dev Documentation suggestion

From: pg
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Documentation suggestion
Date: Thu, 13 Aug 1998 12:00:53 -0600 (MDT)

In a recent note, Al Gilman said:

> Date: Thu, 13 Aug 1998 12:48:11 -0400 (EDT)
>
> > Yes, it's quite obvious, but the comments in the lynx.cfg file are
> > of no help. I quote:
> >
> > # The no_proxy variable can be a comma-separated list of hosts which should
> > # not be proxied, or an asterisk to override all proxy variables.
>
> What would you suggest that the comments should say?

As I remember from experiment or browsing the code a while ago,
the items in the list are not individual hosts, but domain name
tails.  Any domain that has a list item as a suffix will be
no-proxied.  For example, if you put "il" in the no-proxy list,
all military sites (.mil) and sites in Israel (.il) will not be
proxied.  The comment could make this explicit.

-- gil