Re: lynx-dev Lynx-2.8.1dev20 and DJGPP

From: Doug Kaufman
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Lynx-2.8.1dev20 and DJGPP
Date: Thu, 13 Aug 1998 21:27:04 -0700 (PDT)

On Fri, 14 Aug 1998, Gisle Vanem wrote:

> Hi, this is my first post. I've come across some problems when
> compiling the djgpp 2.01 port of Lynx 2.8.1dev20:

It's good to have someone new looking at this port.

> 2. LYmain.c has an extern ref to `regs'. Where is it allocated?

This is in either PDCurses or Slang, depending on which you link to. It
probably should be changed to the DJGPP equivalent (I think it is
dpmi_regs, but I am not at my DOS machine to check).

> S-Lang 1.2+ for DOS still has no mouse support. Is anybody working on it?
> Or else I'd like to have a go at it.

I haven't heard of anyone working on this. It would be a welcome
addition.

> Who is the primary maintainer of the djgpp port incase I have more
> patches, "complaints" etc.?

I am not sure that there is a primary maintainer of this one port. We
are trying to keep it integrated with mainstream lynx, if possible.
Wayne Buttles did the primary porting. Several people have contributed
patches for it including Bill Schiavo and me. I have tried to make
several changes over the last year or so, but I am not a programmer,
so keep looking for elementary errors. I should be submitting a new
patch soon that will fix the keyhandling problems in the DJGPP slang
ports. The new binary with the changes incorporated is already at
"http://www.rahul.net/dkaufman/lynx2.8.1dev.20-DOS.zip"; and
"ftp://ftp.rahul.net/pub/dkaufman/lynx2.8.1dev.20-DOS.zip";.
It seems to work for me, but I have received one report of trouble with
STARTFILE, that is being checked out.

Patches, complaints, etc. should go to the list.

                            Doug
__
Doug Kaufman
Internet: address@hidden (preferred)