Re: lynx-dev lynx: bookmarks: add today's date to entry.

From: David Combs
Subject: Re: lynx-dev lynx: bookmarks: add today's date to entry.
Date: Fri, 14 Aug 1998 15:26:22 -0700 (PDT)

> From address@hidden Fri Aug 14 14:54:53 1998
> Date: Fri, 14 Aug 1998 17:51:25 -0400
> From: address@hidden (Larry W. Virden)
>
> From: David Combs <address@hidden>
>
> > So if you have two links to the same (kind of?) place,
> > you can remove the older one.
>
> I just do a sort -u on the links in the bookmark file

Well, what I do often is when I "a" the link to the
bookmark file, I will MODIFY the "title" of the thing,
either appending eg "(TREE OF GOOD LINKS)", or
changing it althgether.  So the sort -u won't work
for me so well.

> > As a tool to help you manage your bookmarks.
>
> I still don't understand this one - not arguing it isn't valid, just
> don't understand it.
>
> > So we ourselves can sort the bookmarks however we want;
> > ie the date must be visible to vi or whatever.
>
> I can't understand how the date helps here either.

So, with my OWN program, I can sort the file whatever
way I want.  You have no idea what I might want to
do with it.  Just like how a developer usually gets
totally surprised by what uses customers make of
his software -- things he never thought of, things he
never intended.  POWER TO THE USER -- let him/her do
what he/she/it wants, whatever fancy hits the mind.