lynx-dev Re: Lynx-2.8.1dev20 and DJGPP

From: Wayne Buttles
Subject: lynx-dev Re: Lynx-2.8.1dev20 and DJGPP
Date: Sat, 15 Aug 1998 09:58:45 -0400 (EDT)

On Sat, 15 Aug 1998, Gisle Vanem wrote:

> One error I found is that HTftp.c uses `getsockname()' which is the
> original non-BSD function. It should use `getsockname_s()' instead.
> Hence rubbish gets returned in `sockaddr *'. No wonder it never opens a
> ftp data-connection; it listen's to a random sockaddr.

I thought that was the key once too, but when I temporarily changed the
actual calls in HTFTP.c it didn't get me any further.  Plus I am still
nagged by the fact that NEWS doesn't work either and it doesn't use
getsockname().  The lynx code *may* be broken, but the only platform
effected is DJGPP so I assume that tcplib for DJGPP is somehow the
culprit.

> Using `int' for `sock_type*' as the 1st argument apparently works under
> some DPMI host. Under CWSDPMI one should get a page-fault for sockets
> below 4096.

Check the socket number in a trace under DOS vs any other platform.  I
think DOS produces a negative number.  I never knew what to do with that
info.  I tried fooling with the variable types, but I didn't have any
success.