Re: lynx-dev problems compiling version 21 of development lynx

From: T.E.Dickey
Subject: Re: lynx-dev problems compiling version 21 of development lynx
Date: Sun, 16 Aug 1998 16:43:35 -0400 (EDT)

It looks like a problem with the library configuration - you're built
with ncurses split into two parts (the terminfo library as libtinfo).
I had an impression that if the libraries reside in your $LD_LIBRARY_PATH
that Solaris would pick them up properly.  (There's also the -R option
that some people have suggested for building the libraries, which would
make this link more reliably when you're not using $LD_LIBRARY_PATH, and
the libraries aren't in the standard location).

> Platform: UltraSparc, Solaris 2.6, ncurses patched thru Aug 9, 1998.
> Config flags:
> This build just fine with the last version of lynx and the last version
> of ncurses.  What I can't tell is whether this is an ncurses problem or
> a lynx problem.
did you reinstall both libncurses and libtinfo?  (I don't know why it
would change, since the module breakdown has been stable for a few months).

--
Thomas E. Dickey
address@hidden