Re: lynx-dev [Off-topic]: Talking books for the blind

From: Steven M. Sawczyn
Subject: Re: lynx-dev [Off-topic]: Talking books for the blind
Date: Mon, 17 Aug 1998 15:06:30 -0500

Roger, you are correct on almost all points except that the play back
machines can be had for free from the National Library Service.  They
also loan out books free of charge (they are a division of the Library
of Congress).  Also, the difference in format isn't really for copy
protection, rather it is a way to fit more material on less tape.  The
books in this special format are almost never abridged, while the books
you can buy in a store are usually abridged.

Steve