lynx-dev Question on lynx navigation

From: Yongqiang John Huang
Subject: lynx-dev Question on lynx navigation
Date: Mon, 17 Aug 1998 17:08:21 -0700 (PDT)

Hi, there,

I'd like to be able to search for a link (or a form field) in the
current document knowing its exact spelling, and make it the current
active link.  I can think of two ways of accomplishing this, but
neither does exactly what I want.  I can use "/" to search for it, but
it only highlights the form field without making it the current active
link.  I still have to type all these tabs to get there if there're a
lot of form fields in the page.  Alternatively, I can use
LINKS_AND_FORM_FIELDS_ARE_NUMBERED mode and jump to a particularly
numbered field, except this particular web page I go to often has a
variable number of "hot topics" links before the link I'm interested
in, so the numbering is not fixed, and I sort of like to automate my
task a little bit.  Basically what I need is a "jump to and make
current the link or form field that begins with string..."
functionality.  Any pointers?  Thank you very very much.

John Huang
address@hidden