lynx-dev Dejanews lynx unfriendly

From: Mike Castle
Subject: lynx-dev Dejanews lynx unfriendly
Date: Mon, 17 Aug 1998 19:28:45 -0500 (CDT)

Has anyone else noticed a change in www.dejanews.com today?

It now seems to be keying off of the UserAgent and giving very unfriendly
results.

No more summary of how many posts match the search criteria.

No way of getting to additional pages.

While in both cases, this information is presented with either a different
browser or by changing User Agent.

They happen to have a link at the bottom of their pages call "How are we
doing?"   I suggest everyone fill out those pages in an appropriate
manner (needless to say, I gave rather low marks for ability to navigate
since I couldn't).  Then at the end of the survey, there is a mailto: to
submit comments.  I encourage others to voice their opinions on the new
layout (as well as the rest of the service, which I do enjoy).

mrc
--
       Mike Castle       Life is like a clock:  You can work constantly
  address@hidden  and be right all the time, or not work at all