Re: lynx-dev Dejanews lynx unfriendly

From: T.E.Dickey
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Dejanews lynx unfriendly
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 1998 05:16:58 -0400 (EDT)

> Has anyone else noticed a change in www.dejanews.com today?
They're probably looking at their costs (and considering going to a
subscription model).

> It now seems to be keying off of the UserAgent and giving very unfriendly
> results.
>
> No more summary of how many posts match the search criteria.
>
> No way of getting to additional pages.
just up to 100 items - since I use it mainly for trawling for bug reports,
that works (usually).  The only positive aspect is that they moved the
search field up where it's (for the present time) easier to find amid the
clutter.

--
Thomas E. Dickey
address@hidden