lynx-dev FWD: Problems on alpha port

From: Webmaster Jim
Subject: lynx-dev FWD: Problems on alpha port
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 1998 07:33:34 -0400

Attached is a Lynx bug report I got via a NetBSD list.  Not sure
which version this applies to...

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Marvin the Paranoid Android.
--- Begin Message --- Subject: Problems on alpha port Date: Mon, 17 Aug 1998 15:35:04 -0700
I am helping a friend set-up NetBSD 1.3.2 on alpha.  He encountered
some problems.  Not sure if they are alpha-specific or not.

a. Couldn't link lynx.  The failure occurred because it couldn't
   find some curses symbols (scrollok, clearok and others).  It
   appeared that some symbols were just missing from the shared
   library version of libcurses because when I did static linking
   it worked just fine.

b. top doesn't work.  To quote my friend ...
   > From what I can figure out, it used to work with NetBSD 1.2,
   > but the memory structures changed in 1.3, and it hasn't been
   > fixed.

   I do not use top, so I really can't comment.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

alan

--- End Message ---