Re: lynx-dev okay, next hurdle in building dev21

From: Larry W. Virden
Subject: Re: lynx-dev okay, next hurdle in building dev21
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 1998 09:22:56 -0400

From: "T.E.Dickey" <address@hidden>

> > Anyways, my previous version of lynx differs from dev21 in that links
> > under dev21 show up as inverse.  I can run either versions of lynx to see
> > the differing behavior, so it's not a matter of my termcap entry.
> "inverse" rather than color, or rather than underlined?
> (color would be a problem with the terminfo, while underlining is
> an option in building lynx)

I apologize TD for not being more clear.

I was using a telnet emulation package from my mac which emulates a VT220.
I didn't have any colors turned on at the time.  dev20 displayed regular
text without inverse, color, or underlying.  dev21 displayed hyperlinks
as inverse.

Today I am at work, using dtterm under Solaris 2.6.  The difference
is more startling.  In dev20 I was getting color highlighting.
In dev21 I am getting only inverse and no color.

The configure invocation that I used was:

./configure  --prefix=/projects/intranet/ --libdir=/projects/intranet/lib/lynx/
--enable-externs --enable-nsl-fork --enable-partial --enable-default-colors
--enable-extended-dtd --enable-persistent-cookies --with-zlib
--with-screen=ncurses