Re: lynx-dev unanswered queries (1) follow-up

From: Ulrich Hausmann
Subject: Re: lynx-dev unanswered queries (1) follow-up
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 1998 18:24:07 +0200

On Dienstag, 18. August 1998 0:31:02 Uhr, Philip Webb wrote:

>> so that somewhere in your site -- presumably CGI -- there is something
>> which calls up your negative screen message simply because it sees `Lynx'.
>> if that is in fact the problem, you really should change it:
>> you are losing customers & causing problems for the disabled.

Philip,

sorry when I'm suggesting something stupid: with Cyberdog (a former
Apple/Mac browser) we encountered the same problem: it was impossible to
look at certain sites simply because they *assume* only MSIE or NS would be
able. So, there were made patches to fake Cyberdog as NS or MSIE re that
sites.
Would that be possible with Lynx? Possibly using different cfg files?

Regards, Ulrich