Re: lynx-dev Problem running 'configure' with lynx 2-8

From: dickey
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Problem running 'configure' with lynx 2-8
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 1998 08:24:25 -0400 (EDT)

> > Hi there,
> >
> > I am having trouble running the 'configure' scripts included in the
> > Lynx2-8 source. I kept getting error message like the following:
> >
> >   test: 1: Syntax error: redirection unexpected
> >
> > all over the place.  I am running FreeBSD 2.2.6 on my system. I don't
> > think there's anything special with my Bourne Shell interpreter.
I have 2.2.6 as well - have no problems with it.  I would look at config.log
to see what other information I can glean.  If it is not obvious, I'd
turn on the trace in configure, e.g., by changing
        #!/bin/sh
        #!/bin/sh -x
at the beginning, and (sorry) redirecting the output of the script to a file.

--
Thomas E. Dickey
address@hidden