Re: lynx-dev Apparent bug

From: Doug Kaufman
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Apparent bug
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 1998 19:16:16 -0700 (PDT)

On Wed, 19 Aug 1998, John R Daily NONLILLY wrote:

> Lynx version 2.8rel.2
> OS: Solaris 2.6
>
> When accessing www.genomesystems.com via a graphical browser, I found the
> following imagemap URL I wished to access via lynx. This URL performs a
> redirection to an ftp server, and at some point in this process lynx dumps
> core.
> The URL in question:
> http://www.genomesystems.com/GDA/getsprdgda.map?60,200

The same problem occurs with lynx 2.8.1dev.9 on SunOS. A trace file
shows that lynx thinks that the file from the ftp server is text/plain
and is calling split_line from GridText a very large number of times
until a memory error occurs. A workaround is to put a mime type for
files ending in suffix SG in your .mime.types file. You will then be
able to download the file. I don't know what the proper mime type would
be, but you could use the following line in .mime.types.
image/x-sg      SG

Someone else will have to see if the lynx code needs tweaking.
                            Doug
__
Doug Kaufman
Internet: address@hidden (preferred)