Re: lynx-dev Whither Standards? (was Re: New <BR> collapsing patch)

From: Michael Warner
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Whither Standards? (was Re: New <BR> collapsing patch)
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 1998 22:52:24 -0700

On Wed, Aug 19, 1998, Mike Castle <address@hidden> wrote:

> Amazingly enough Michael Warner said:
> > hoops to get acceptable cross-browser appearance for their pages.
>                                         ^^^^^^^^^^
> Isn't this exactly what the whole problem is?
>
> That they are more concerned about appearance rather than structure?

That might well be the case.  Then again, "rendering" might
have been a better word choice on my part than "appearance",
if that makes a difference.  Also, their mission-statement page does make
the distinction between HTML for structure and CSS etc. for
presentation.

They also seem primarily concerned with "cutting edge" stuff
like DHTML and what-not, which I am wildly indifferent to,
but hey, it's better than nothing, right? :)

--
Michael Warner
<address@hidden>