Re: lynx-dev proxy env var

From: Al Gilman
Subject: Re: lynx-dev proxy env var
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 1998 15:20:22 -0400 (EDT)

will Lynx take a proxy definition from an environment variable?

Yes.  See the INSTALLATION file in the distribution (e.g. in the
breakout at the development site).

This sorta leaves these questions:

Shell usage in the definition of the variable.  Did you really
get a value set for the variable?

spelling of the proxy's location: you need to put
"http://path.to.node";, I think, and not just "path.to.node"
because the port defaults given the http: scheme but the http:
scheme does not default just knowing that this is a proxy.

Timing of variable-setting by your "dynamic" script and
variable-reading by lynx.  I don't know if lynx reads the
variable once on startup, or when.

Al