Re: lynx-dev Timeout parameter ?

From: David Woolley
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Timeout parameter ?
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 1998 08:42:38 +0100 (BST)

> I can't find a parameter to set the time out period for Lynx to wait for a
> response from a remote Web server in case the remote server is not
> responding.  Is there such a timeout parameter ?

I think you will find that this is in the operating system kernel (TCP
SYN Sent state timeout), although it is possible that Lynx will apply its
own limit, but I don't think so.

For Unix builds, z or control-G will abort from this state.  You mailed
using MS-Mail, so I assume you are in the minority usining the Win32 port
(please say next time).  This abort function seems flakey, particularly
whilst resolving names, in the Win32 versions I've tried.