lynx-dev nsl-fork documentation (patch)

From: Philip Webb
Subject: lynx-dev nsl-fork documentation (patch)
Date: Sat, 22 Aug 1998 19:51:50 -0400 (EDT)

980821 Brian Pardy wrote:
> On Fri, 21 Aug 1998, Philip Webb wrote:
>> why in fact does `z' not stop a look-up:
>> why do we have to rely on a configure switch?
>> if we do have to rely on that, it needs better documentation.
> gethost[by]name() blocks when looking up a hostname,
> that's why forking it away allows an interrupt.
> Documentation is easy for anyone who wants to write it.

*** INSTALLATION        Sun Aug 16 16:22:21 1998
--- ins.d1      Sat Aug 22 19:44:18 1998
***************
*** 232,238 ****
        by forcing inappropriate resubmission of form content.

    --enable-nsl-fork                   (define NSL_FORK)
!       Use this option to allow NSL requests to be aborted at will.

    --enable-underlines                 (define UNDERLINE_LINKS)
        Use this option underline links rather than using boldface.
--- 232,239 ----
        by forcing inappropriate resubmission of form content.

    --enable-nsl-fork                   (define NSL_FORK)
!       Disabled by default, this allows interruption of NSL requests,
!       so that `z' will stop the `look-up' phase of a connection.

    --enable-underlines                 (define UNDERLINE_LINKS)
        Use this option underline links rather than using boldface.

*** Lynx_users_guide.html       Thu Aug 20 21:16:11 1998
--- lug.html    Sat Aug 22 19:34:11 1998
***************
*** 1134,1143 ****
            href="keystrokes/cookie_help.html">Cookie Jar Page</a>
            if it contains cookies.
!       <dd>Lynx supports completely interruptible I/O processes. Press the
!           '<em>z</em>' key at any time during a connect or transfer process
!           and the process will be halted.  If any data was transferred
!           before the interrupt, it will be displayed.
        <dd>Lynx offers other, advanced navigation features when numbers
            are used to invoke the <a
--- 1134,1143 ----
            href="keystrokes/cookie_help.html">Cookie Jar Page</a>
            if it contains cookies.
!         <dd>To interrupt a connect or transfer request, enter
!           any data transferred before the interrupt will be displayed;<br>
!           Lynx must be configured with --enable-nsl-fork when compiled.