Re: lynx-dev how can one identify what options are compiled into a binar

From: mattack
Subject: Re: lynx-dev how can one identify what options are compiled into a binary?
Date: Sun, 23 Aug 1998 16:47:18 -0700 (PDT)

On Sat, 22 Aug 1998, Larry W. Virden wrote:
>If folk would like to brainstorm on how something like this could be
>implemented, I suspect that a C programmer might turn up to implement it...

Are the options various environment variables?  If so, then there could be
a new option whose code was simply something like:

#ifdef THISOPTION
printf("THISOPTION is turned on.");
#else
printf("THISOPTION is turned off.");
#endif

(I'm not sure if people would want info about things turned off, or just what's
turned on.)