lynx-dev [2.8.1dev22] patch0.1: Internal HTML pages; rewrite

From: Sinan Kaan Yerli
Subject: lynx-dev [2.8.1dev22] patch0.1: Internal HTML pages; rewrite
Date: Mon, 24 Aug 1998 00:56:42 +0100

Hi,

Everything is the same as the previous one but this includes more pages,
and it is applied for dev22. It is too late for me to count how many
files effected. So let me briefly explain what changed:

* None of the pages I edited, breaks HTML ;-)
* All pages has a <title>...</title>.
* All the rest is concentrated on one line with <h1> (no <br> :-)).
* One picture can explain everything:
                                                     Lynx Download Options

     [ jump-down ] [*Lynx (2.8.1dev.22)*] [ Compiled*with*] [*Lynx Help*]

     Current File: /tmp/L3378-2TMP.html
   Suggested File: list.html

Standard *download* options:
   *Save to disk*

Local additions:
   <NONE>

   You may define an unlimited number of download methods.
   Please refer to the *lynx.cfg* file, sections 'DOWNLOAD' and 'INCLUDE'.

- *bla* means it has a link.

* I've introduced several variables (for only LYNX_COMPILE_OPTS I
  couldn't make the update i.e 'configure.in').

#define LYNX_WWW_HOME "http://lynx.browser.org";
#define LYNX_WWW_DIST "http://www.slcc.edu/lynx/current/"; <-- correct??
#define LYNX_RELEASE FALSE
#ifndef LYNX_RELEASE
#define LYNX_WWW LYNX_WWW_DIST
#else
#define LYNX_WWW LYNX_WWW_HOME
#endif

  So, LYNX_RELEASE, has to be updated when we release the package
  then above *Lynx* will point to lynx.browser.org.

* I also put a converter for 'config.cache' to 'lynx_site.txt' in
  makefile.in under 'install-log' macro. But it only shows the variables
  nicer, thats all, no help in the .txt file.

TODO:
1) 'jump-down' works only for 'list page'. However I Left the
   'href/name' pair for all of them (except cookie page) for future
   editing.
2) Help sections (e.g download above) have to be configured outside the
   code i.e #define LYNX_HELP_DOWNLOAD Lynx_users_guide.html#9
3) I might have missed some _pages_ completely
4) Two important internals are still waiting: CONFIG, BOOKMARK
   My crazy idea is to combine them in the new form-based-config page
5) Lots of copy/paste involved, typos might exist. Besides, I am still
   not a native English speaker :->
6) If this patch is accepted then 'documentation has to be updated'.
7) Comments, suggestions, additions are welcomed.

ps: I just had a second thought and I guess

     [ jump-down ] [*Lynx Help*] [*Lynx (2.8.1dev.22)*] [ Compiled*with*]

is much sensible, but it is too late for me now.

cheers,
Sinan.
--
Sinan Kaan Yerli <address@hidden>