Re: lynx-dev %s %t

From: Philip Webb
Subject: Re: lynx-dev %s %t
Date: Mon, 24 Aug 1998 22:29:16 -0400 (EDT)

980824 Doug Kaufman wrote:
> On Mon, 24 Aug 1998, Philip Webb wrote:
>># in Kermit, -s %s is the filename sent, -a %s the filename on arrival
>># (if they are given in reverse order here, the command will fail):
>>#DOWNLOADER:Use Kermit to download to terminal:kermit -i -s %s -a %s:TRUE
>>
>> i have tested this: if -s & -a are entered in the above order, all is ok,
>> but if  lynx.cfg  has  -a %s -s %s , the download fails:
>> Lynx tells MS-Kermit to use the local filename  /tmp/L29410-0.HTM  (eg),
>> which DOS can't find, since there's no subdirectory  /tmp  in my XT.
> I believe that handling of pathnames is configurable in MSKERMIT,
> with the default being to ignore the path.
> I'll try to get back to you on this.

thanx for your offer, but i'm not having a problem with Kermit:
the problem is the clumsiness of Lynx handling of the 2 strings.
Jason has given an explanation already: do you have any comment on that?
esp where should i look in Lynx source for this behaviour?
we should improve Lynx, if it can be done easily:
what's there now is a quick-fix long ago.