Re: lynx-dev %s %t

From: Doug Kaufman
Subject: Re: lynx-dev %s %t
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 1998 07:48:08 -0700 (PDT)

On Tue, 25 Aug 1998, Larry W. Virden wrote:

> From: Philip Webb <address@hidden>
>
> > the problem is the clumsiness of Lynx handling of the 2 strings.
> > we should improve Lynx, if it can be done easily:
>
> Please make sure though that the current behavior continues, since there
> are hundreds of us depending on that behavior in our setups.

I can only echo these feelings. Lynx is not broken here, and hence
should not be fixed. There are lots of working scripts. I have yet
to see a note on this list about an application that could not be
configured to work with lynx because of the string-handling behavior.
If someone can come up with more clear documentation, that is great. A
change in the current behavior that would invalidate existing scripts
would be a disservice to the community.
                          Doug
__
Doug Kaufman