lynx-dev Re: Dejanews Lynx unfriendly

From: Dave . Wotton
Subject: lynx-dev Re: Dejanews Lynx unfriendly
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 1998 13:01:29 +0100

Here's a recent dialog with Dejanews support.
Sad really.

Dave

On Mon, 24 Aug 1998 address@hidden wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Dejanews seems to be broken when using the Lynx browser.
>
> In particular, it doesn't include links for "Next" and "Previous"
> when displaying a list of matching postings, so there's no way to
> scroll through the list.
>
> I think it used to work up until about a month ago - there seems
> to have been some change to the format of the output.
>
> Seems to work for other browsers, so it looks like the generated
> HTML is sensitive to the browser being used.
>
> I can send a copy of the Dejanews list of messages page as sent to
> Lynx if this helps.
>
> Dave.

Greetings,

I apologize for the problems that you are having connecting with
our site.  Unfortunately, Lynx is a text browser which has
had several problems serving as an interface for our site.

We suggest that you use Netscape Navigator or Internet Explorer
versions 3.0 or higher with our site.  We do not provide support
for text browsers.  I apologize for the inconvenience.

Thank you,

J.
User Liaison 5
Deja News Inc.