Re: lynx-dev Re: Lynx Questions

From: Marc D. Williams
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Re: Lynx Questions
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 1998 15:29:38 PST8PDT

On 25 Aug 98, Al Gilman wrote,

> As I understand it, Lynx runs as a "console application" and not
> a native Windows program in Windows 95 and NT.  This means that
> cut/paste to/from the Windows clipboard is not available.

Actually I do believe cut/paste does work. I have an older version of
Lynx32 and it won't for the life of me save files to the suggested name
it gives (even though it gives a name to save to it doesn't so I wind
up copying/renaming the temp file). But since that silly explorer
insists on keeping the file extension I have to rename in a DOS box.
I.e. the file is L1234TMP.HTML and if I use explorer to rename it
to this_file.tar.gz I find it the actual name is now
this_file.tar.gz.html.

So anyway, either by means of using the mark/copy function of the
window's document menu or setting it up in properties so one can do
normal mark/copy/paste I was able to mark the filename from the
lynx window and paste it to the commandline in a 4DOS box.
So I reckon it does work just fine.

--
>> ANIME SENSHI <<

Marc D. Williams
address@hidden         GTE
IRC Nick: Senshi        Channel: #DOS  #IRCHelp
http://www.agate.net/~tvdog/internet.html  --  DOS Internet Tools
http://home1.gte.net/wilmarc/screens/piclist.htm -- Windows 3.x Makeover

Error messages in Haiku:
    Yesterday it worked.