Re: lynx-dev Zipped help (was Re: [2.8.1dev21] patch: Cosmetic changes t

From: David Combs
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Zipped help (was Re: [2.8.1dev21] patch: Cosmetic changes to internal pages)
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 1998 11:24:55 -0700 (PDT)

Re ".htm" as 3-letter equiv to ".html".

And dos and its 3-char limit -- like on old
dec10s, etc, back in late 1960's.

Ain't it wonderful.  And I have been using (on unix)
.html for true-html, .txt for downloaded (to screen page
in lynx) and p(rinted) stuff that does NOT have links
in it (eg "References:" at bottom), and ".htm" for
p(rinted) stuff that DOES have (lots of) links.

So, when I d(ownload) stuff that IS html, I am
forever adding "l" to the ".htm" to the suggested
name for the file.

----

Bloody stupid M$!

(worse, bloody stupid IBM -- stupid beyond belief! --
for handing them the world's software business -- as if
with IBM Research they couldn't write an os for the pc.
Should be called treason.)