Re: lynx-dev Re: Horrible mis-feature on "L" page!

From: Michael Warner
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Re: Horrible mis-feature on "L" page!
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 1998 14:04:27 -0700

On Thu, Aug 27, 1998, David Combs <address@hidden> wrote:

        [...]

> ----
>
> I just tried it -- GOOD GOD!, it is TRUE -- you visit
> a place, come back, do an L, and the address has been
> CHANGED, into the stupid title!
>
> HOW AWFUL!
>
> Because I have gone out in the "tree of links" from this
> page, decided it is interesting, and want to do the
> L and THEN:
>
> cut-paste the thing (the L page) to some file where I keep
> such interesting html-names -- and now, some of those
> addresses are GONE!
>
> Which addresses?  THE MOST IMPORTANT ONES!  The ones that
> I went to, that made me decide that I wanted to keep this whole
> list of them!

Personally, I like it as is.  The page title, once it's
available, is generally more informative/mnemonic than the
URL.  If I want to copy & paste a URL, it's available in the
status line, since I run in advanced mode.  If I want
to save several URL's I can just bookmark them (have you
figured out multi-bookmarks yet?).  If I really want the
whole page of links, I can print the source to a file and
bookmark the file.

Can't really think of anything else I'd want to do ....

Well, maybe a way to append the current page/source to an
existing file ... I guess that would mean defining a PRINTER
option in lynx.cfg ... naw, too much trouble ...

--
Michael Warner
<address@hidden>