Re: lynx-dev [2.8.1dev.22] patch0.3: UIPs, help files, --enable-gzip-

From: Leonid Pauzner
Subject: Re: lynx-dev [2.8.1dev.22] patch0.3: UIPs, help files, --enable-gzip-help
Date: Fri, 28 Aug 1998 00:12:18 +0400 (MSD)

>      * From: Sinan Kaan Yerli <address@hidden>
>
> I want to give a clear picture of what I have been doing:

> * Download and Print UIPs are divided into 'Standard' and
>   'Local additions'.                         ^^^^^^^
      ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^  I think this is not a good idea to say about 'standard'.
                       OK, let I use Zmodem and use lynx from the remote PC,
                       why should I think about 'local additions'?

> * All links in the help files are marked, i.e. each
>   'href="../_filename.html_#section"' is converted to
>   'href="../@address@hidden"'. This is useful if a help filename or
>   link has to be changed through out whole package.
> * 'lynx_help/help_files.txt' is introduced which contains
>   FILENAME=_filename.html_
>   definitions. Format and details are given in the file.
> * All help files are renamed from '.html' -> '.html_'

Could you explain why do you need this three above?
Seems LYHelp.h may cover all the needs.
If someone want to translate help files why not to create a new help tree?
You can set 'helpfileXX' instead 'helpfile' variable for another tree.