lynx-dev screen size (was vague)

From: Philip Webb
Subject: lynx-dev screen size (was vague)
Date: Fri, 28 Aug 1998 03:39:37 -0400 (EDT)

980825 Al Gilman forwarded a question from Martin Mittnacht:
>> Is there a possibility to configure the size of lynx?
>> Windows-NT size just can be set by using a smaller command window.
>> I use a telnet session & can configure the telnet client to a screen size
>> I don't care much if I have to compile lynx.
>> Is there a possibilty to configure the function-keys?
>> Does lynx-source for NT use the console-API of windows?
>> Does lynx-source for Unix use the ncurses.lib?
> Yes you can adjust the screen size that Lynx uses.
> The details depend on the platform.
> For more information please check
> http://www.flora.org/lynx-dev/html/ for responses to this message

i can't offer any more helpful advice than AG,
but did look through  lynx.cfg  userdefs.h  & the help files,
assuming there should be something somewhere there.
in fact, there isn't, except for a lone line in Lynx FAQ
with URL  www.slcc.edu/lynx/faq/scr_700.html .
unfortunately, when i tried to go there, i got `404 Not Found'.
i know Scott had hardware problems a couple of months ago:
is this something which has been overlooked?
more generally, shouldn't there be a section on adjusting screen size
somewhere in Users Guide?  i can put simple info in LHFB too,
but someone who varies screen size has to remind us all how it's done.