lynx-dev Re: Lynx with GNU gettext NLS support

From: Karl Eichwalder
Subject: lynx-dev Re: Lynx with GNU gettext NLS support
Date: 28 Aug 1998 16:40:17 +0200

Webmaster Jim <address@hidden> writes:

|   I've created a version of Lynx with GNU gettext hooks.

|   ftp://www.slcc.edu/pub/lynx/current/lynx2-8-1-dev21-intl.tar.bz2
|   ftp://www.slcc.edu/pub/lynx/current/lynx2-8-1-dev21-intl.tar.gz

Thanks for your work!

|   To enable gettext, do "configure --with-included-gettext"

Compiles and works without any major problem under S.u.S.E. Linux 5.3 --
after removing config.cache, of course ;-) (vid. your message.)

configure complains:

    ./configure: -l directory listings (default: on): command not found

|   *) the LOCALE directory is hard-coded.  I haven't been able to figure
|      a way to discover it and pass it through configure to the right
|      place.

If things settle down, I'll have a look at it.

|   *) The code works on my NetBSD system, but not on the SLCC Solaris box.
|      It compiles; just doesn't give international text.

On Linux it gives NLS.

|   *) I've just got a few language files with demo text.  This text is
|      for the lynx -version switch (see below).
|   *) The "foreign" languages were faked from babelfish.  Sorry...

;-)

|   http://www.suse.de/~ke/hello-1.3.16.tar.gz GNU international hello
|   http://www.suse.de/~ke/hello-1.3.18.tar.gz GNU international hello

Roumors are that something like that will be available offically from
ftp.gnu.org next time.

--
Karl Eichwalder          S.u.S.E. GmbH          Fax       +49-911-3206727
address@hidden               Gebhardtstrasse 2      Mo & Th      13:00-18:00: