lynx-dev Re: [2.8.1dev.22] patch0.3: UIPs, help files, --enable-gzip-hel

From: Sinan Kaan Yerli
Subject: lynx-dev Re: [2.8.1dev.22] patch0.3: UIPs, help files, --enable-gzip-help
Date: Sat, 29 Aug 1998 13:49:26 +0100

(28/08/1998 18:48) Al Gilman:

>to follow up on what Sinan Kaan Yerli said:
>
>> (28/08/1998 00:12) Leonid Pauzner:

>> >      ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^  I think this is not a good idea to say about
>> > 'standard'.
>> >                       OK, let I use Zmodem and use lynx from the remote PC,
>> >                       why should I think about 'local additions'?
>>
>> Well, that was the only suggesstion given. Since we are a community I
>> thought eveybody was aggreed with that. OK then shall we call more
>> technical terms like:
>>
>> * Standard options
>> * User supplied options
>
>The alternative is not so much to wordsmith the terms for the two
>parts of the menu, as to leave the menu as one coherent list.
>
>Leonid has a point.
>
>Making this distinction helps people understand how to change the
>menu at the expense of confusing people who don't need to do
>anything but exercise options on the menu.

So, we need to combine both sides. How about this one:

----------
Download options:

  Save to disk

  download-1
  download-2
  download-3

Last 3 options are set in lynx.cfg.\n   \
You may define an unlimited number of download methods.\n   \
Please refer to the <a href=\"%s\">lynx.cfg</a> file, \
sections 'DOWNLOAD' and 'INCLUDE'.\n",

If there is nothing set in lynx.cfg then only last three lines are
printed.

I think this simplifies everything and combines both sides.
What do you say? Al? Leonid?

Shall we clearify this before dev.23?

Sinan.