lynx-dev Re: [2.8.1dev.22] bugfix: ' ' -> '+' in form-based options

From: Sinan Kaan Yerli
Subject: lynx-dev Re: [2.8.1dev.22] bugfix: ' ' -> '+' in form-based options
Date: Sat, 29 Aug 1998 15:01:56 +0100

(29/08/1998 02:45) Larry W. Virden:

>yikes - are you saying lynx is not doing the required by standards quoting
>of spaces into plus - or that you are proposign _removing_ the required
>quoting?

Since Form-based options _submit_ the options all the post_data is
escaped (i.e ' '->'+'). But when it is read in again it doesn't reverse
it for '+'. If you test '& +=' in display you will get '&++='.

I noticed this when we introduced 'user agent' patch in form-based
options (which contains a space in the input line). So nobody is
affected, it will be ok in dev.23.

Sinan.