lynx-dev Re: [2.8.1dev.22] patch0.3: UIPs, help files, --enable-gzip-hel

From: Sinan Kaan Yerli
Subject: lynx-dev Re: [2.8.1dev.22] patch0.3: UIPs, help files, --enable-gzip-hel
Date: Sat, 29 Aug 1998 17:28:14 +0100

(28/08/1998 22:26) Leonid Pauzner:

>and we could not read/edit those help files locally because
>they will not be a standard HTML but lynx plug-in only.

So I aggree that it is not a platform independent solution.

>Helpfiles under the keystrokes/ directory typically about 5Kb,
>and option_help.html about 16Kb. The only relatively large file
>Lynx_User_guide.html which is about 120Kb.
>So you may gain about 100Kb of disk space _only_.
>Compare it against ~1Mb of lynx binary, 90Kb of lynx.cfg,
>200Kb of CHANGES2.8, etc...

This is also true.

So if the implementation is going to be platform dependent and space
gained is not that much then I can update --enable-compress-help patch
for every dev-release (which does not change much) until a platform
independent solution can be found.

>From the other hand, it is relatively easy to cut 100Kb off lynx binary
>by rearranging chartrans tables in 0x20 - 0x7e region.

How do you rearange?

Sinan.