Re: lynx-dev 2.8.1 release

From: dickey
Subject: Re: lynx-dev 2.8.1 release
Date: Mon, 31 Aug 1998 17:57:15 -0400 (EDT)

> 980831 Ulrich Hausmann wrote:
> > 1) Is there 2.8.1 officially released?
>
> no.
>
> > 2) If not, when will it be out?
>
> my guess would be a couple of months,
> since there have been many recent additions which need fully testing.
most of that is the forms-options menu, which can still be regarded as
experimental.  If Bela comes back soon with fixes for the temporary
files which satisfy him, it would take about two weeks to tie off loose
ends and release 2.8.1 (I would like to get 2.8.1 out because of the
security fixes).

(in the meantime, I'm keeping an eye on that -- if we are to put in SKY's
latest changes, we'll need a test-build on VMS, since it will change the build
scripts - as well as having the djgpp/win32 builds up to date).

--
Thomas E. Dickey
address@hidden