lynx-dev improving externals

From: Philip Webb
Subject: lynx-dev improving externals
Date: Tue, 1 Sep 1998 06:37:33 -0400 (EDT)

980831 Greg Stark wrote:
> I use the following configuration options to allow background downloading
> large documents using wget in another vt console window under Linux.
> However, I have just run into a limitation in this mechanism,
> there is a variety of state in lynx that isn't passed to the subprocess
> including cookies, username, and password.  Wget has the ability
> to specify all of these as command line parameters -- details snipped --

it sounds like a good idea.

it's easy to get one from  ftp://www.slcc.edu/pub/lynx/current .

> and I have other projects bouncing around my head these days.

the basic principle of Lynx development is that things get done
when individual volunteers with the skill find the time to do them.
you will probably get advice, certainly feedback, conceivably encouragement.

> Also, I stopped following lynx-dev a while ago, so please CC me.

that would be a good first step ... (smile).