Re: lynx-dev lynx_site.txt install path

From: dickey
Subject: Re: lynx-dev lynx_site.txt install path
Date: Tue, 1 Sep 1998 13:28:35 -0400 (EDT)

> In a recent note, address@hidden said:
>
> > Date: Tue, 1 Sep 1998 10:47:52 -0400 (EDT)
> >
> > > makefile to install lynx-site.txt in helpdir where lynx expects it.
> > $(libdir) is correct, since it is not a sharable (across platforms) file,
> > like lynx.cfg
> >
> I stand corrected.
I'd rather compile-in the data, but this is a simple solution.

> > -- I didn't notice the entry in lynx.cfg, since I was able to access
> >    the page without it (will fix)
> >
> Not lynx.cfg; lynx_cfg.h.  Hmmm.  I wonder what enabled you to
> access it.  Your libdir and helpdir weren't the same, by any chance,
> were they?
no - they were distinct.  I built/installed/uninstalled several times into
a nonstandard location while I was integrating.

But in light of your report, I'll review this and possibly see what is
going wrong.

--
Thomas E. Dickey
address@hidden