Re: lynx-dev color

From: Laura Eaves
Subject: Re: lynx-dev color
Date: Tue, 1 Sep 1998 16:41:40 -0400 (EDT)

> Date: Tue, 01 Sep 1998 20:09:09 +0000
> From: Dave Bennett <address@hidden>
> I'm running lynx 2-8-1 24. Everything works fine except the ugly colors
> that are the default. I've tried changing them in the lynx.cfg file, but
> it just displays the same old colors. Help! I am completely lost on how
> to get it to display the colors I want. The Yellow it shows for links
> simply is not readable. To make matters worse, red is used for the
> message headers on the lynx-dev archive list, but is also the default
> color for the currently highlighted link. :)  Not usable at all in that
> situation.

I set my own colors in lynx.cfg and I don't have any trouble at all.
Are you sure you're picking up the right lynx.cfg?
Did you enable color styles, or are you using the old COLOR settings
in lynx.cfg?  (I never did get color styles to work,
though I haven't tried it in a while.)
--le

PS: My settings are as follows if you're interested:
COLOR:0:white:black
COLOR:1:yellow:black
COLOR:2:brightcyan:black
COLOR:3:brightblue:black