lynx-dev Lynx problem reading news

From: M. Leo Cooper
Subject: lynx-dev Lynx problem reading news
Date: Tue, 1 Sep 1998 15:10:23 -0700 (MST)

Hello.

I very much like Lynx, and use it in preference to Netscape because it is so
much faster.

The single problem I have found is that while it retrieves message headers
from newsgroups all right, clicking on the message links always returns an
invalid message error. It is not possible to retrieve individual messages
by the message ID, in other words. However, although retrieving messages
by the message number works, this is *much* less convenient than just clicking
on the message would be.

Any help for this?

Thanks.

___Mendel

"After they found out the atom bomb was magic, the rest of the
magicians who enchanted refrigerators and washing machines and
the telephone system came out into the open..."
        + http://personal.riverusers.com/~thegrendel/ +